Villa I Cipressi Brunello di Montalcino 2017

Type: Red
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Grape Variety: 100% Sangiovese
Viticulture: Certified Organic

Climate: Mediterranean with higher rainfalls in May, October and November
Terroir: The estate vineyard is located in the south and west of Montalcino (250/450m above sea level). Vines grows on calcareous clay and sandy silt soil
Winemaking: Vineyard in organic conversion for that vintage (certification obtained for 2016 vintage). Hand harvested. 60% aged for 24 months in French oak barriques (225 l) and the remaining 40% in oak casks (10/30 hl) and bottle aged for at least 24 months

Color: Intense brilliant ruby red
Nose: Fruity and fine bouquet with notes of ripe red berries, black pepper, liquorice, spice
Palate: Intense taste of red berries, well-integrated oak, well balanced tannins

About the Winery:
The Villa I Cipressi Estate was born in the mid-seventies when Hubert Ciacci decided to expand his father’s small beekeeping business. The turning point came in the 90s, when Hubert acquired more land, in order to produce olive oil and fine wines.

Today, Hubert, Patrizia and their sons Dario and Federico manage the entire estate, each in their own sector. The family’s love for nature and great ecological spirit has led to the choice of using solar power as a basic energy supply. Moreover, it has led to the desire to convert the estate’s production to the principles of organic agriculture.

Villa i Cipressi started to produce Brunello di Montalcino and Rosso di Montalcino in the year 2000. The winery has 3.5 hectares of Sangiovese vines at two locations. One is in the south part of the municipality in the area of Castelnuovo dell’Abate at 250m above sea level. Therefore, its primarily silty sandy soil gives the grapes great structure and elevated alcohol content. The other is in a wooded area on the western side of the hill at 450m above sea level of mostly limestone but with a slight presence of clay in the soil which produces grapes and wines that are especially fragrant and aromatic. Both lots afford an ideal location facing south, favouring a perfect maturation of the grapes.